Is this normal?

I'm about 15 weeks pregnant and since I got pregnant I've lost about 30 pounds and it is really starting to make me think there is something wrong with the baby

brenda.dona

Asked by brenda.dona at 3:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A little weight loss in the first trimester is not unusual, since many women feel too sick and miserable to eat well. But 30 pounds is a lot. Is your doctor aware of how much weight you've lost?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't worry too much. just eat enough, drink plenty of water and take your vitamins. your baby is going to steal what it needs from you. like pp said, some weight loss is normal. I lost 10 pounds and then gained 17 and gave birth to a very healthy girl.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I lost alot of weight too in the beginning. I had serious food aversions and was just sick all of the time. It was impossible for the first 4 months to keep anything down. Even water sometimes came back up. I went to my doctor and he told me not to worry just to try to keep those prenatal vitamins in. I suplemented with Ensure when I just couldn't get anything to stay down. The baby will get everything he/she needs from you in one way or another. Eventually I gained 43 pounds and in the end we were both fat and healthy. If you are really worried bug your doctor. Take care!!
    Laya-Lou

Answer by Laya-Lou at 5:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2008