Chocolate Lovers!!!

I am making chocolate covered strawberries for a party at 6pm. Can I make them early this morning and leave them until the evening in the fridge?? or will they sweat and melt the sprinkles i will be putting on them after the chocolate?? Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Allie120

Asked by Allie120 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think its ok. Just keep them in the fridge.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 8:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Just make sure to give the chocolate about 5 minutes to be chilled by the strawberries before you pop them in the fridge, and it should be OK.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Thanks so much!!
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• They shouldn't sweat if you don't cover them completely...don't wrap them completely, this causes condensation...maybe just a little cling wrap layed lightly over them(sides open)...if you do not want the cling wrap (or whatever you have) to touch the chocolate..then use a few toothpicks here and there to hold it up off the strawberries.
    We're having a bbq at 6 also....want to make some for us?? LOL Sounds delicious. I made angel food cake and fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries with syrup. Love berry season..Mmmm.
    Enjoy...I hope that helps.

ps- I even turn my fridge temp colder for something like that, it's just temporary and insures they stay good and cold.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• mmmmm they are going to taste yummy
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011