what to feed a 9month old?

i bought a few 3stage baby food. he loves the pasta ones. i know a lot of ppl say feed him what we eat but my hubby is addicted to spicy foods and thats what we eat a lot of at home or when we go out i get our son rice beans or chicken strips i dont give him the outsides though. but what are good resturaunt foods? (i do pack a jar of baby food still) and how small do you cut food?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 4:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say that it depends on what types of restaurants you visit. When my DS was that age, I would pack a jar of baby food as well as a bag of Cheerios. Most places do have applesauce available. If you would like to feed him off of your plate, try some of the veggies they serve as sides. As for how small the bites ought to be, I would say about the size of the tip of your pinkie finger. :) I hope ths helps!
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• at 9 months i still had to throw everything in the food processor for our daughter.. and when you cook then just take some of the food away for your baby before you start throwing spices on there.

there arent any good restaurant foods for a baby at 9months. ;) home made cooking is the best.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Your best bet is to slowly start giving the spicy foods. He will get used to it, otherwise you will be making 2 meals for a long time. As for how small to cut it, use your judgement. I made stuff really small, small enough that 4 or 5 pieces could be eatten at once. For restaurants, bring food. It is usually easier or else get applesauce cause most places have that. I started mcdonalds french fries at that time also. I just bit the hard ends off and let her have at it! Hope that helps:)
    alalsip

Answer by alalsip at 4:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my grandson eats all food we just cut it up for him the size of a pencil eraser tip, we also give him teathing biscuits or yumm-yuum's snacks which he love's

as for spicy food in small moderation with his normal meal.
    njsaucedo

Answer by njsaucedo at 5:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would stick with baby food since he is only 9 months.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 5:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008