Living on a budget....need help!!!!

I am a SAHM right now with an 11 mo. old. Money is tight not all because I am not working, but because my husband can't unload a rental property where we used to live and it is not rented. I need to figure out a way to make $400 a month pay for all our food, diapers, formula, mis., and gas for my car or I will have to go back to work :(. I have probably been spending about double that...there always seems to be mis. stuff popping up like LO getting sick etc.

HELP!!!!

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have you applied for WIC? That is pretty easy to get and would at least help out a little.... So can local food banks-some even have infant needs such as diapers and wipes. Also look into state health care foe your LO. That can help out a lot.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Go to the state. Theres wic, f/s, medicaid and food banks :) Im sorry mama. and all i can say for the 400 for food is buy beans, rice and noodles and learn how to make sopa :) it stretches out budget ridiculously......
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 10:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You should be able to get WIC, I agree, that would help with formula and some food. As for diapers, if you can, buy in bulk. For groceries, shop according to what is on sale and use coupons. If something is BOGOF use 2 coupons on the 2 products, one that you are getting for free and that will help a lot.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• try babysitting
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Sell all un needed and un used stuff either on craigs list or have a yardsale? Do daycare in your home? Or have hubs work a second job so you can continue to stay at home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Is there any reason why you cannot rent out that property until it sells? An income investment property sells much better if it is already generating income by someone who is reliable. It's guaranteed money to the new owner immediately and less of a pain to have to go through the showing and the interviews and such. They also do not have to make the first mortgage payment out of their own pocket, but use the rent the property is generating. That would help your budget in the meantime.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We would never qualify for any help :( We have a real estate company dealing with the property....not well obviously or their bar is WAY to high, LOL. My husband would pretty much put anyone with the cash in the place....they do credit checks etc.
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• The bar on WIC and low income health care is not that high... int his state a family of 3 to get WIC makes less than 2,857 a month. For Peachcare (our state care) it's 3,629 a month. Look into it even if you feel you don't qualify.
    Anonymous

• ever thought of a home business? message me if interested. wic and food stamps are a good idea too. a garage sale too
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I work from home & would like to share with you what I do, if you are interested we will work together. There is no obligation to do this for a living, there is only opportunity.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 6:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011