when did you start taking your kids to the movies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Around 3, but that really depends on the kid and the movie. My oldest was fine at 3 and would sit still and watch, but my youngest wasn't able to hold his attention to it til he turned 4.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Around 3yrs old.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You're supposed to take kids to the movies???LOL..We rarely go to the show anymore. Toooooo expensive. When my boys were little we began around 4 or so. We lived on base and the theater was walking distance and it was cheap.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think it depends on your child. I started taking my older one at two, almost three. He was able to sit and enjoy the movie. My second one I knew better, I knew he would not sit still and be able to enjoy the movie. He will be four in March and I still don't think he will want to sit and watch a movie.

Anonymous

• Honestly, when my son was 6 months old. He enjoyed it even though he didn't stay awake for the whole thing. We actually just recently saw WallE in theatres with him and he is 2 now and he enjoyed it very much. He ate his own popcorn, had his own drink and watched the entire movie.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Age 3 with both of my boys but 1 1/2 with my daughter. Once or twice a year in my town the theater shows a free kids' movie as long as your bring non-perishable food items. Tomorrow we're going to see Bolt...and my youngest is 2 1/2 now. I hope she does better than last year!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• We just took our son to his first movie... he's 3 (4 in Feb). We took him to see Bolt and he did really well. Only had to get up to go potty twice, and did start getting a little ansy right near the end, but it was still fun. He got a huge kick out of getting his own little bag of popcorn, a drink and a bag of M&M's. We live in a small town though, so there were only like 5 other people in the theatre, which helped! If it had been crowded it might have been a different story!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• A few months old. All of them were very used to the movies(except my youngest) by one. They never made any noise.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2008