Do you ever feel like a genius?

Sometimes I come on and read questions that moms have about their kids and I think, " Wow I never had that problem with any of my 4 kids." I am not talking about health problems. More about behavior questions or potty training. I have potty trained 2 girls and 1 boy all before 2 1/2 with very little problem. Was I completely blessed? I know some kids have delays but I kind of feel like a lot of the issues some of these kids have is more an issue that the parents have. Anybody else know where I am coming from?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• no, i never feel like a genius where kid-rearing is concerned.
    and yes, i smell what you're steppin' in..but i also know that one day, you will have an issue..we all do, or will have at some point something that baffles us, and we will need some help or guidance. were you completely blessed? maybe, or maybe just lucky.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Nope. Lol. And you are completely blessed. At least with potty training.......I feel the same way with my 2 girls on every other aspect. they are well mannered (2.5 yrs and 8 mos lol) my dd1 is happy and quick to smile. She does what you tell her to (most of the time) and both were and are well tempered babies. No colic, no crying, no tummy problems, nothing except dd2 is a little underweight.

but on the potty training......ur effin lucky lol.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 10:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I am only saying that it seems as if some parents make it harder than it has to be. Like we over think things and make it more difficult. I in no way feel that I am better or have never had a time when I feel like pulling my hair out.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Not a genius just determined and getting help when I needed it made it even better

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• you were blessed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i feel genius yep !!! but not in this situation !!!
    i think just kids are different and even familly situation ... so cant say that i'm better thn other ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I'm a genius, pure and simple, just look at all my wealth of knowledge I so generously offer to the rest of you. Either that or I'm completely delusional and I'll let you all make your own decision about my observation.  I also do everything in my power to fine tune and improve on my sarcastic fluency. 

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I also do everything in my power to fine tune and improve on my sarcastic fluency. ---

I KNEW I LIKED YOU!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I know im not genius ill tell u that straight up i can make the stupidest mistakes sometimes lol ev.eryone does though.Your blessed and i agree some of it is the parents fault but nobodys perfect we live and learn
    renah164

Answer by renah164 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes, I do sometimes!!
    I feel very blessed that I'm not raising my kids from a very young age in this day and time. Yes.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011