What is the most exotic food

you have ever eaten?

Tetona

Asked by Tetona at 4:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• chocolate covered crickets & ants.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• For me, it is sea urchin.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 4:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i don't have one but my mom ate snake and alligator oh ive ate bear
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have eaten sea urchin as well and it was by far the most disgusting food I have ever eaten!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Eel...we went to this fancy restaurant with my brother and his wife and decided to be brave and ordered eel sushi rolls for an appetizer.....the eel didn't taste bad, but the texture was really gross - kinda slimy and chewy. I ate the roll but took the eel off....kinda yucky.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you pick:
    snake, alligator, kangaroo, sushimi (raw fish), frog legs, rocky mountain oysters (bull testicles), escargo (snails), carpaccio (raw meat), road kill (yeah, my husband found a dead deer.... damn, that was good!), Chocolate lamb chops (chocolate goes great with EVERYTHING).....
    What am I forgetting?? I'd have to get back to you
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Kangaroo. My brother bought some last year when he was visiting and did it with fajitas..it was goooood. Not gamey at all.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• OK I have eaten everything mentioned thus far EXCEPT road kill, well I've eaten lamb chops but never chocolate ones...plus I have eaten a variety of bugs done different ways at a Fund Raising event....ROAD KILL really? I don't think I could do that. OK wait I don't recall if I have eaten kangaroo but it seems like we had it one time....You girls are brave...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Beaver. My uncle is a trapper up in Michigan and we were visiting one day after he got back and they were cooking up some of his trappings. They cooked it up in gravy and it tasted like salty roast beef. Pretty good. They also had squirrel but I refused to eat it. I just couldn't bring myself to eat a cute little squirrel (I was like 11 at the time). Other then that I've only tasted bison...at Ruby Tuesday. My husband ordered the bison burger and I tasted it. The kids got really upset when we told them Daddy was eating a baby buffalo (at the time it was my son's favorite animal) but then he tried it and liked it, lol. I'm not sure they really believed it was bison because my husband is always joking with them about stuff (we used to tell them hush puppies were actually puppies...they didn't care for that much, lol).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• squid...and that was by force as a child. I'm a BIG WIMP when it comes to experimenting with "weird" food.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008