What do you think of the cartoon the "Backyardigans"? adult content

I have noticed that all characters are colored, and they all have typical names and voices usually associated with the black race

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• hahaha and does this mean you have an issue with 'little bill' as well?? hate to say it but your question is stupid. My son watches backyardagains, little bill, dino dan, bubble guppies... doesnt matter the race of the person doing the voice or race of the character itself.. Kids dont see race & i think adults could learn from that. Im a white female married to a white man with our two little white kiddos bahaha i just dont think it makes a difference in what color any of us are..
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I can see why you posted this ridiculous observation anonymously. They are all colored blue, green yellow pink orange...and quite possibly the reason they have "black names" is because the creator of this great cartoon show is BLACK.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• To be honest yes i have but only with a couple characters. I dont really see any problem with it. i love that show i think its pretty funny even as watching it as an adult......so what was the point of this question??
    There probably just trying to teach kids to express there individuality and that it doesnt matter what we talk like or look like but that we should treat everyone equaly.
    renah164

Answer by renah164 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Do you have a problem with Dora and Diego since they are all Mexican??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• eye rollingDon't let your kids watch Elmo,he's voiced by a black guy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• surprised SO WHAT???????

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Really? And you think you can tell someone's race by their voice. How asinine. Btw, I love the cartoon and am kind of sad my daughter outgrew it. The songs/singing were nice.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Tootoobusy, honey, I think your mind is confused. Your answer holds no similarities to your actions. You say one thing, and then vote up every one of us.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Uniqua - does not resemble an animal or anything else that's why the name Uniqua (unique)
    The other's are named Austin, Pablo, Tasha and Tyrone....are those "black" names? Lol wasn't aware.

My kids love the Backyardigans and I actually find it to be one of the more enjoyable cartoons too
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• ok, since when is pablo a name you think of as a 'black' name? or tasha for that matter? and austin?? seriously????? i think that they have names that are for different racial groups. i really like that show and their cd's too. give me a break.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2011