Recipe for a Birthday Cake for a 1 yr. old

Anyone have any good recipes for a birthday cake for a 1 year old? I was just going to buy or make something from a box, but I'd like something a little healthier with less sugar.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• make a carrot cake substitute applesauce for the oil, eggbeaters for eggs and splenda for sugar..I do it all the time
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Wholesomebabyfood.com has recipes for sugar and egg free birthday cakes
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 4:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• They also have baking needs in organic if you want to go that way.
    Anonymous

• You could also do zucchini cake or zucchini/carrot cake. That's what I make on my kids' birthdays. There are lots of recipes out there. The one I use isn't real healthy...it's mostly oil and sugar but there are healthy ones out there. I found my recipe online. Then I make cream cheese frosting to go on top (which is just cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar whipped together). Yummy. My kids beg me for this cake now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Made this one for my little one's 1st b-day. It was very good and moist. We topped it off with homemade buttercream frosting (just follow the recipe on the powered sugar bag) You need to make sure you buy cake flour. Oh, use real butter too

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Basic-Yellow-Cake

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Zucchini and carrot cakes are great suggestions. Applesauce spice cake is great too. Go to foodtv.com and search for cake recipes. The cake doctor has a great zucchini cake recipe that starts with a cake mix and she adds zucchini and stuff to it. My library has her cookbooks.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2008