Potty Training in a Nutshell.

If you are always on the go potty training is going to be next to impossible. You will have to dedicate some time to this. If you are a sahm this should be a little easier. If you are a working mom take a weekend or any 2 days you have off in a row. You will have to do away with the diapers, that includes the pull-ups. There will be an accident or 2 or 10. You will need to clean the carpets after this. A child will be very hard to train if every time they have an accident you have a fit and put a diaper on them. Buy them a potty and underwear/panties and toss the diapers. You and your child CAN do this.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Or u can do what I did and wait until your kid is ready, and pretty much did it themself :)
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You always have to wait until they are ready.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I agree with emmy. I did the whole 'nutshell' training with my son and you know what? It didn't work! The one weekend of accidents turned into 2 weeks of accidents before we went back to diapers and then tried again in a a few months. Same results.... over and over. He trained when we gave up. With DD we were all much happier because we gave her the basics then let her train her self. She was done before she turned 3. I didn't give her panties until I was sure she was ready. Stress free-virtually mess free training.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My sister did all this.....when her foster daughter that was born addicted to crack....turned 1. It took nearly 2yrs worth of accidents for her to get it.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure how to take that statement...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I mean you do have to wait until they are ready. You can not just decide you are not buying diapers.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• yeah my DD is 3...we did all that and its almost been a month of accidents. stubborn kids dont care about your "nutshell". no matter how happy or patient ive been about it, its a power struggle. 2 days of perfection then a week of accidents, 2 days of perfection & then a week of accidents...its not always so easy as to just follow the "plan".
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2011