Has anyone been able to get rid of their twin skin?

I have been working out for over 8 yrs now and I have been running 5k's multiple times per week since March. I watch my diet. I do core and ab work outs daily. Will this ever go away? Is it even possible or do I just need surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• the only way to get rid of extra skin is w/ surgery.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 11:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i am not sure what twin skin is....i assume it is extra skin from losing weight? if you lose weight while you are young you have a chance for that skin to go back to normal. if you lose weight as an adult (especially a very large amount of weight), usually it does not go away. as we get older our skin loses elasticity, and also the bigger you were the less your skin will go back to 'normal'. i guess if it really bothers you and you have an 'apron' sort of situation then surgery would be a good option. i was lucky i lost my weight when i was younger and i don't really have much extra skin. i would rather look at what little bit of extra skin i do have rather then look at the scars from the surgical removal. it's up to you.....but if it hasn't gone back in 8 years it's probably not going to by itself.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It gets a little better with time, but I would say if it is still there after 8 years, you're stuck with it unless you go through with surgery. And you can thank your mother for that...she is who you inherit your skin elasticity from. My mother and I both have "twin skin" and only one of us has had twins...apparently I'm not even cut out to handle a regular pregnancy and have my skin go back. Boo!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• ohhh..I am so sorry Mom 2 3 girz. My twins were big almost 7lbs when they were born...and before I was very small prior...like 100lbs at 5'8". I lost a huge amount a of weight in less than 10 minutes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2011