how about your kids?

My son wakes up from his naps in the most HORRIBLE mood, i can hardly stand it. He crys, and whines and throws tantrums over absolutely nothing. Sometimes i dred giving him a nap just because of how he will be when he wakes up. So how about you ladies, do your kids do this? What do you do to help it?

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yep my 2 1/2 yr old does. What do i do I dont give him a nap. he is cranky around 1-2 but nit near as bad as if he took a nap.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Mine doesn't. She is a doll and wakes up smiling and singing. BUT, my BF's daughter was the same way. She woke from a nap and you wanted to strangle her! It was like she was grumpier after her nap then she was before she laid her down! She was just patient and would sit with her until she woke up more.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i agree with edgpag. when my kids started this behavior, we just stopped giving them naps. it took a little while to transition, but it was worth it. good luck!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Give him 5-10 minutes before you get him out of bed. A chance to fully WAKE UP

I'm a grouch when I wake up first thing in the morning too ; )
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My oldest son did. I leanred if I took 15 mins when he woke up to hold and rock him we both had a much better rest of the day. The funny thing is the same kid jumped out of bed every morning the most disgusting cheerful morning person in the world.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Aww.. ive never heard of that before.. im sorry. but i agree with kimberleee382... you might want to give him a few minutes before you take him out of the bed...

when my daughter is waking up from naps she is usually is smiling at me and talking and wants me to take her out of the bed... but sometimes when she is waking up then she will sit in the bed starts talking (thats when i go in her room to check on her), then she is hugging her blanket and doesnt want to get out of the bed. so i sit in front of the bed talking to her and telling what great things we can do when she comes out of the bed (playground, toys, going for a walk, going to grandma ect.) then she is asking for her cloth. haha..
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yeah, maybe give him some time to wake up. Like my mom said to me one time, "How would you feel if the second you started waking up (babies start making noises or cries at this point) someone came in and swooped you up out of bed? hehe. Makes sense.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well my son is three and he gets up by himself, i can hear that first scream when he gets up and the door creek and of course the yelling of MOMMY!!! thats when i know my hour long adventure begins.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my dd only does that only once in awhile but as soon as i cuddle with her she is fine but most of the time she wakes up all happy and smiling i am blessed with a wonderful child
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my niece did. i don't know what my sister did though other than try to talk calmly to her. my sister gets night terrors pretty bad... maybe it's genetic...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008