Stretch marks Question !!

should i start puting cream earlier and almond oil on my belly ? what the perfect time to do it ...to not have this marks ?

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 11:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The sooner the better. :) use raw shea butter or palmers.
    tasha94952

Answer by tasha94952 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• if you're going to get them then you will no matter what you rub and when. it has to do with genetics. but rubbing cream/oil may make you feel less itchy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I used palmers stretch mark lotion and I did not get a single one. My mom has them bad. I used it after we had them too. I say the eariler you use it the better. And use it every day. I put it on after I got out of the shower.
    mamato2gagirls

Answer by mamato2gagirls at 11:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• If you're pre disposed to getting them, no magic creams or oils are going to prevent them, unfortunately. It's all about genetics! I faithfully rubbed all sorts of lotions, oils, etc. on my belly with my first in hopes of avoiding them. Didn't work. Now I just look at them as my mommy badge of honor, and a reminder of my accomplishment bringing my beautiful baby into the world. They don't make me feel any less sexy, as DH doesn't even notice them, so to me, they're no big deal.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• exercise is the only thing that may help. "They" say that you would have needed to be exercising and eating a perfect diet throughout your entire life to avoid stretch marks. So start walking. I would use almond oil because it is very good for your skin. Eat right drink lots of water. Good luck!
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Like others have said, if you are going to get them, you are going to get them. Although I still do recommend putting the oils or creams on to save you some discomfort. I did this from day one when I found out I was pregnant and it helped to keep my belly moisturized so that as my skin stretched it wasn't painful.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• nothing made me not get them, but i put lotion, and vitamin e oil on several times a day throughout my whole pregnancies... the first I got stretch marks, but they've all faded already and I have no new ones at 31 weeks this time.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Vitamin E helps too. And if you are trying to prevent them, do it before you stretch. In other words now not when you start growing bigger.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011