My mil (not a question but a thankful post)- post about your mil's too

Not a question...I just wanted to put up a 'good' mil post, as I see so many about horrid mil's. I do like and get along with my mil (not that we have not had a few issues over the years)

Anyway- my middle son is in summer school and the school is across town from our house, so I have to drive across town 2x/day to transport him to/from summer school. He has stayed with my mil this week (from Wed to today). I talked to her today and asked if she could pick him up from summer school this coming Thursday as my oldest has a Dr. appt. in another city and we would not get back in time.

She replied "well since I live blocks from the school it would make more sense for him to just stay with me for the week, than you having to run across town 2x/day and use up that much gas". Of course my son loves that idea - he is always asking to go to her house, and he really has fun with her.

I told her that would be GREAT, and that I really Appreciate it!!! I think she really enjoys having him over, as she is a widow, and I imagine the house gets lonely for her at times.

So I am very glad and very thankful that I have a mil like her!!! She loves the kids, she wants to spend time with them, she is a hands-on grandma, and she is a good grandma to them, and she is willing to help out if we need her (like to pick up a kid from school, or if we need a babysitter...).

So, what are your mil's like? Do you have a nice one that you like, that loves your kids and is hands-on grandma?
Or do you have the mil-from-hell? Please share and tell me about your mil.

Have a great day!!

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 11:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a WONDERFUL MIL & FIL, from day one they have welcomed me into their family & their support is always endless. I REALLY appreciate them since my parents live in England & I only get to see them 2-3 times a year (but get to talk to them on the phone once a week). I tell my in-laws that they're my surrogate parents - I love them to bits & thank the Lord for my parents & for my in-laws:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I love my MIL! She can be a bossy pain, but ((LOL)so am I. We get eachother. Our children have 8 grandparents and of all of them she is the one to invite them places and over to her house. She is complete engaged and I love her for it!!!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Love my MIL. :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2011