If you do that one more time....

My 19 month old son kept throwing food off his high chair this morning. As usual he started dropping food off his tray. I warned him that I would take away his tray if he did it one more time! Of course he did and as I was taking away the tray and picking up the food on the floor, he threw his last handful in my hair and on my face. I know I should get mad but it just made me laugh...which made him laugh.

lol great lesson learned hu?! Do you kids make you laugh when you are trying to discipline them?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, it's awful! I have to try SO hard to keep a straight face sometimes!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• sometimes it's really hard NOT to laugh. As far as the food thing goes, maybe next time, don't give him a warning. Just take the food away and take him out of his high chair lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• When my daughter was around 1 and we were eating dinner at my moms house, she kept throwing food on the floor. My mom told her if you do that one more time I'm going to take your food away. As I was watching, my daughter pick up a handful of food, looked right at my mom and dropped it on the floor again. And as soon as it hit the floor my daughter just said "uh oh" with a big smile on her face. Of course she didnt get in trouble because we were all busting up laughing so hard. It was so hard not to laugh.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Oh yes...we've definitely had some of THOSE moments over the years.....that's funny!!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• my daughter was playing with red finger nail polish at Walgreen and droped a single drop on her big toe she screamed and started to limp saying mommy beat me i busted up laughing as i was mad too but couldnt help it she seriously thought that she had an owwee she even had the lady at the register put a band aid on it
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 10:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011