Do you think we psychoanalyze things too much?

I think we do! The news yesterday talked about the "Psychology of Cheating" and it talked about the "reasons" kids cheat. Instead of bringing up that kids are too lazy to do their own work and want to take the easy way out...they bring up things like the "stress" and "pressure". I'm sure kids do experience some stress and pressure, but nothing like giving them an excuse!

This is just one example, but it really is all over. To me its just making excuses or justifying people's behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Oh I completely agree...I love Steve Wilcos who cuts through the psychology of why people act insane and holds them accountable!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think it's important to understand the complexities of why people do the things that they do. But when understanding turns into making excuses, then there's a problem.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes we so do now-a-days!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• hell yeah! this reminds me of Chris Rock's bit on Columbine... they want to know what kind of music they listened to, what kind of website, their friends, etc.... "what ever happened to crazy?" every kid with a behavior problem is ADHD. everyone who is having difficulty in life (often due to poor choices and poor life skills) needs antidepressants, etc. there are truly some people with significant mental/emotional challenges, and there is a continuum, but it really doesn't help the person in the real world and with their whole life to give them these outs.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008