People need to learn to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vent

Im going down the street about 40mph and some idiot darts out to cross the street in front of me, I barely stopped, I litterally stopped maybe a a foot before I hit him, then he and I ended up at the same gas station, he tells me " Oh Im sorry I didnt see you." Are you effing kidding me??????? I drive a big a$$ red van just for this reason, so people can see me coming, an almost blind person can see it coming down the street. And I always have my lights on, even in the day time too. He should be happy I could stop that fast, My van would have plowed through his little 2 door honda, and he would be dead, he had kids in the car too, which made me more mad, go ahead put your life in danger, but not your kids. I verbally whooped his ass, my heart was racing a mile a minute, and I was terrified, Ive been in an accident just like this situation when some one darts out in front of me, I hit them really hard and the guy and I both got badly hurt.

Vent done

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 11:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Travel

• Lisa, perhaps you should take your own advice. What good are sorries? He could have killed himself and the OP. Maybe he will pay attention next time.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Maybe people should look both ways before they drive across a street, its a part of responsible driving, especially if you have your children in the car. i wasnt coming around a corner or anything, I saw him a long time before I got to him and he litterally darted with the tires almost spinning and everything
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Ochsamom, there's a reason they're called car accidents. Do you think people purposefully hit other people in their vehicles? It'll happen to everyone at least once where you don't see a car coming. Sometimes you're able to stop, sometime's your not. But hauling off and screaming at them when they clearly already knew they screwed up doesn't do a damn thing and just shows that you have a complete inability to control yourself.

No one was hurt, he knew he screwed up and he had the balls to apologize to you instead of just acting like nothing happened, and instead of realizing that the guy made a mistake and was admitting it you thought that the smart thing to do would yell at him. It only makes you look immature and out of control.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 2:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Where did I say I yelled and screamed, anyways it was just a vent. I have the right to say whatever I want to say to someone who put me in danger.
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes, because people never have accidents when they drive. He apologized, he may not have seen you (it happens a lot more often than you think), and yet you still feel the need to lay into him? Learn some control.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2011