Blood pressure

35 weeks pregnant. Last night I started to get a headache. , not really a big deal. I took tylenol and it didnt go away. I woke up this morning with the same headache but its worse than last night. I took more tylenol. This was over an hour ago and my head still hurts just as bad. About half an hour ago I got a dizzy spell and felt like I was gonna pass out. I checked my blood pressure and it was 142/85. What is considered high blood pressure for a pregnant woman? Should I worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yeah you should definately call your ob
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• 130/90 is usually the "line", pregnant or not. I would call you doctor's office and see what advice they have.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• you bette call doc hunn !!! dont waist time ... you'll be fine soon i hope ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It's not bad. I think it's elevated since you may be panicking a little because you have a headache. Drink a lot of water since the headache is most likely because you are slightly dehydrated. Lay down & rest. Do you have a history of high blood pressure during this pregnancy because it usually is consistant throughout the pregnancy and does not suddenly come on. Eliminate salt from your diet as well. If you had a blood pressure issue at your OBGYNs visits they would have put you on meds by now. Speak to them if you can't get rid of the headaches & have them check your BP in the office.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Update - I called my doctor and she had me come in to labor and delivery so they could check baby and keep an eye on blood pressure. Baby is fine and my blood pressure has dropped but if it spikes again I am to go back. Headaches are normal for me. I was more worried about the dizzy spell because that has never happened before.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Glad to hear everything's ok. Hopefully you won't have any more issues and can have a nice, easy birth. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011