my 3.5 year old still won't poop in the potty?

she pees in the potty. Our problem is she shows no signs that she needs to poop( no hidding in the corner, no certain time of day,etc,
)

preisle

Asked by preisle at 12:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This is what my grandmother used and told everyone else in the family to try, she'd take the kids in the bathroom and put them on the potty and use the bottom of a clothes hamper or something close to their level, flipped over, and for her boys she used cars, but you could use something else for a girl, and give them toys to play with so they sit there for a little while and have time to try to go. My daughter didn't want to stay sitting there very long and now her thing is she doesn't want anyone in the room if she needs to poop, lol. But it seemed to work for alot of the kids in our family. I also had to try this with a kid I babysat because he would always poop in his pants regardless of if he was in his pullup or wearing his big boy underwear that day.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• If she is wearing pullups during the day try having her wear panties
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• so what dio I do if she continues pooping in the panties?
    preisle

Comment by preisle (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You have to try it first. Keep her on a bathroom schedule.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I was just suggesting that about her wearing panties during the day cause my cousin had said her son did this when he was training and she thought he was able to hide his poop, so she put him in underwear and this stopped him from going on himself and he would go to the bathroom.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• my son just got potty trained=) don't buy pull ups anymore.=) Its just gonna prolong the training process.Make her wear undies instead.& make her sit on the toilet. (set time) then constantly push & explain her that she needs 2 go to the bathroom 2 pee & poop.Its hard @ first but its very rewarding, once she gets potty train=) good luck,& hey when she gets accidents once in a while.Try not to make it a big deal.Still run her to the bathroom. Good luck w/ ya momma!♥
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 1:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2011