How can I make it through this divorce? I am so sad :(

sadamy

Asked by sadamy at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Time.

Good luck.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Allow yourself to be sad. It is normal to mourn the end of an important relationship. Have you thought about writing in a journal to help get your feelings out?
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think we need a little more information.... I made it through a 2 year divorce.....you think the end is never in sight...but once it's over it much easier to move on.
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• one day at a time and one step at a time.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I was dreading the thought of divorce during a totally heart-breaking separation so I felt compelled to write to hopefully offer some support. Looking back I think I would try to accept or even embrace my feelings as although truly horrendous to go through it is necessary to help you to heal. Try not to self-reproach AT ALL, there's no room or need for that. If you wake up to a 'wobbly' day, be extra kind to yourself and take care of yourself, but most of all let yourself feel how you feel if you need to. Try not to put any pressure on yourself - healing and coming through the other side is immeasurable - try to go with it if you can.
    It may seem like you're not making any progress as you may still be feeling quite sad and vulnerable, but look out for subtle changes that you may not notice day-to-day. For me it was realising I was singing (and more than half way through) along with a song that I'd always sobbed to. Xx
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 1:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• P.S. If you were asked to eat an elephant you would have to do so in chunks - approach the divorce in the same way. I do hope you begin to feel brighter soon. It's hard to comprehend right now, but you can get through it. Best wishes. X
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 1:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I have been through 2 divorces, not by my choice...It is tough, I know. It hurts, I know. However, there is life after divorce!!! One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time....Keep yourself busy, and active. If you have friends, spend a TON of time with them, if you have family, spend a ton of time with them. The busier you are, the less you "think" about your situation. As time goes along, you will hurt less. Pain eases with time. You may never forget, but you will hurt less. I had my gf spend the night with me many nights, just so I wouldn't be alone. But being alone doesn't mean you have to be "lonely". You will heal, with time. I did, there were a LOT of changes I had to make in my life, and after 2 divorces, 1 failed relationship, moving to another state, I met my dh, and he is awesome. We are not without "stuff", but I love him dearly, and he is THE best thing that ever happened to me! Chin up!
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 3:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011