What's the BEST way to get the lables off of baby food jars?

I have a bunch of gerber baby food jars with the labels still on and I want to be able to get the glue off the jars when I take the labels off. Anyone have any tricks up their sleeves?

Also, what are some creative things to make with them? Thank you!

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• really hot soapy water; Soak overnight, then wash by hand; or

After you soak the paper off, use "Goo Gone" to get the adhesive off. I use Goo Gone to remove all my sticky situations. I recently switched to the new Goo Gone, which is Goo Gone Xtreme. It removes chewing gum, glue and other adhesives, marker, oil, ink pen, candle wax, color crayon, tar, paint, stains and scuffs off tile floors, lipstick, grease... just about anything. Also it's safe to use on everything, carpet, wood, shoes, furniture, fiberglass, metal, glass, concrete, vinyl and tile floors and laminate. I've been using it for years and have never ruined anything with it.

If you don't like to be around chemicals, then rubbing alcohol will do the trick, you'll just need to rub harder.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• use Goo-Gone..or something to that effect, namewise. it takes every icky-sticky glue off surfaces, without effort.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• soak them in water for 10 min
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Try google...I have one jar :/ I use that one for all my safety pins...lol but I have seen them with layers of sand with different colors which makes it look pretty but not sure where you would get the colored sand. Have fun and GL.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• GOO- GONE is the Best:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I boile water, then steam off the paper, then windex the glue off. soaking them in the boiling water should help too
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Sorry... I answered your second question and not your first...lol try using oil and let it soak abit by rubbing then peel away or soak in water like everyone is saying.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Submerge them in hot, soapy water and let them soak. The rest is child's play!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• for party favors! i hosted a baby shower & i glued little babys, plastic little rattle with a glue gun on top & put pastel candies inside & just set them around the tables! You can put water, bby oil, glitter & little beads, ect. inside & super glue lids on! makes a snow globe! When i was younger i made some for christmas present for my aunts. & i glued little plastic santas from hobby lobby on lids & put silver glitter in the water & when u put it on the lid santa was gettin snowed on lol. I got TONS of good ideas. Im thinink about doing something like this for m sons 4th bday! pirate them so buying fish beads, glitter & blue dye. making fish n water lol
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• steel wool
    buffyg

Answer by buffyg at 1:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2011