Dear Dad....

5 years ago we found out on Father's Day that you had cancer.
You went through the chemo treatments even though they made you feel sick and they hurt you.
You went to work every day during chemo because we couldn't afford for you not to.
You were dizzy one time and you fell off your staging platform and fell 20 feet to the ground. After picking yourself up, you climbed the ladder and went back to work, finding out later on after you came home that you had sprained your wrist.
You never liked doctors, but you went every time you needed to.
You agreed to a very dangerous surgery that would leave you possibly unable to care for yourself for the rest of your life.
You came through surgery, and lost your esophagus and 1/3 of your stomach.
Your recovered slowly, but you would never be able to eat even a whole hamburger again.
There are many, many foods that make you very sick, and the foods you can eat without getting sick you can only have a little bit of.
You have finally gotten past the 5 year mark, and are officially in remission.

You are my hero.

You were at my wedding.
You came to the hospital after my first child was born and held him in your arms.
You are the greatest Dad ever.
I love you.

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• How very sweet and and what a great hero he is, you brought a tear to my eyes, it is wonderful to have a dad like that!

Answer by older at 12:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• wauh..i wish i could say the same! We found out that my mom had cancer in 5-2007, lungs then it went to her head...and at 23-10 2007 she passed away...
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2011