Do you think I'm doing this for the wrong reasons?

I'm a sahm. and don't have alot of friend's here that aren't related to my husband. I'm going to start going to church again I've discused it with my DH and he still wont go with me... but thats ok I'm doing this for me not him or anyone else.. I think my problem is that since I live in a very small community that I moved into a year ago and he was from here that I don't have friends here like I did where we used to live. so I've decided to go to church for personal reasons and for the interaction with others in the community there isn't a church of my faith here so I will be going to one that offers activities so that my SD can go with me as well and one that teaches about her culture. she is native american and I want to educate her as much much as possible.

traren

Asked by traren at 12:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you are going for yourself and noone else that is never a wrong reason. A wrong reason to go is if you are going to please someone else.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• if you didnt believe in anything that specific church was teaching, then id say you were going for the wrong reasons. but so long as you are of that faith to some degree theres nothing wrong w/ it. i go to church for the social aspects of it & see no problem w/ that since i also believe in some of the same spiritual ideals as they do. churches have always been a gathering place for the community & are a wonderful way to make friends w/ ppl.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I don't think there is a wrong reason for going to church.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think fellowship is an excellent benefit of religion. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Sounds good to me- in the process of finding friends you may also find something in the church that speaks to you- enjoy and I hope its a good experience for you-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i think that's a fine idea..if he doesn't want to go, that's his decision. when i moved to a new town back in December, i joined a women's bible study at one of the area churches..just to have something to do, someone to meet, and someone to talk to! and..i got some studying done in the meantime, as well. lol! as a result, i've made some new friends that i wouldn't have met as easily.
    sometimes you gotta do what's right for you. no harm in that!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i go to church to go to church for u not for anyone else god is good he is the only one who can help dont ever give up on god and let god handle everything else u give it all to him and it all will be fine god bless you
    asmiley2002

Answer by asmiley2002 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think this is a great idea,I also like that you want to involve your SD and teach her and learn about her heritage
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• do it
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2011