Divorce and being engaged

I'm in the middle of a divorce. I'm also in a relationship with a guy I've known since I was eight years old. He is not the reason I left. Do you think it's ok to be engaged right now? He is the love of my life and I'm so glad I finally realized what all these feelings always meant towards him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• I feel you. 100%.

While I was going through my divorce, I started 'dating' my husband. We weren't official until after the divorce was final. Like you, my husband now was NOT the cause of my divorce and I feel he is my soul mate. Naturally, from the outside looking in: it looks a little suspicious. People will always assume the worst and quite honestly: it's none of their business.
    My first marriage was over long before the divorce was even filed. My conscious is clean and I never once stopped to think of what other people might say.
    It's your happiness, mama. Go get it!
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i wouldn't feel right bout it till i was finaaly divorced but thats me
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Your jumping the gun don't you think. But hey it's your life . If you want to marry your rebound man go for it , it's your life not mine. GL

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Who cares! If you feel its right then do whats best for you:) But be prepared to get a lot of negative feedback from others. I can almost guarentee you are going to get judged harshly for this.
    Anonymous

• i have to agree you might be jumping the gun abit i mean just cuz you feel you love him with all your heart doesnt mean hes not just a rebound guy at the moment cuz your having alot of odd feelings. i would wait and see but then again its your life.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I haven't Been "in love " with my ex for about a year and a half. Yes it's been a while now that 2 me it was over. The only reason I didn't leave sooner was for my kids. Thats the only reason its taking so long for the divorce.
    Anonymous

• yes. I think it is ok. you are not married to you ex anymore, just because the papers haven't gone through. you shouldn't have to put your life on hold because the state (or church) is slow. Congrats on figuring everything out and I hope you two have a long and happy life together!!! Best wishes!!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• be happy. congrats!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Wait.............slow down............IMO you can't really be free to love another until what you are going through is legally over. You are rushing. If he is the one, take your time and go slow. Have your happiness, but let yourself heal. What's the rush?
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008