Dads.... did your dad ever give you 'the talk'?

I have to laugh about this... my dad is a big, gruff guy and he is not very comfortable talking about 'girly' things, dealing with 'girly issues (aka female problems)' or taking sis and I shopping for girl stuff-- clothes, underwear, shoes, female items (tampons/pads)....

So it was quite funny when dad decided that he had to give me 'the talk'. I had just met my hubs a few weeks before (I was 19 at the time) and as dad and I were out running errands one day dad looks at me and says:

"keep your pants up and don't get pregnant". Ummmm ok dad whatever! Yeah, short, simple and to the point!

His version of 'the talk' with my sis was "keep your knees together and don't get pregnant".

LOL-- gotta love dads.

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 1:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I started dating a guy that turned out to not be that nice in college. My dad had a talk with me by just saying, "Be careful, he just wants to get in your pants" I had to really control my laughter. I know that it was hard for him to say, we never talked about such things.
    Anonymous

• lol..my daddy never said a word about that. he left it up to mom. in fact, he never said a word to us about any of the guys we dated or wanted to date or brought home, ever! he left it up to mom!
    the only time i remember him mentioning anything towards that end was when i announced i had broken-up with this guy i'd accepted a ring from (long story)...he simply said, ''really? i thought he was all right.'', and went right back to watching a ballgame.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• my mom and dad never talked to me about that kind of stuff I heard and learned most of it through friends. When I got my period my mom never talked to me about it so I new about it because all my friends started before me, but I couldn't and still can't talk to my parents about it I use to call and ask my grandma to buy me pads rather than my mom cause I was embarrassed to talk to her about it. That is why I said I will talk to my kids about things cause I don't want them to be embarrassed to talk to me. I was embarrassed to tell my mom I was pregnant and I was married lol. I was embarrassed because I new if I told her that she would know we been having sex even though she has to know since I am married lol. My oldest dd is 6 and knows how babies get her knows they live in water and how they eat I am open with her when she asks since I never had that
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• shoot when I was aloud to shave my legs. I asked my mom if I can start shaving them and all she did was said yes, but didn't show me how or anything so lets just say the first couple years wasn't a pretty sight on my legs lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes the talk about not letting some other jerk fondle my .............. Vehichle really what did you think I was going to say? LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011