In honor of father's day.. Please share a memory of your father :)

I lost my dad 3 years ago this august..

I miss sitting on the porch with him drinking a beer.. :)

Also when I was a kid.. we would go for rides every weekend :) just riding around.. finding back roads and just driving.. sometimes stopping at different places ...We (me, my mom and dad and later little sister) would do this EVERY weekend.. it was great!! And we would also go buy subs and eat in the park :) ahhh those were the days!

Happy Father's Day!! to the dads in heaven and the ones still here with us :)

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 1:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My father was a single father for a while with me, and he worked extremely hard for our family. He worked days as a police officer and nights as the county coroner. I remember many nights of him having to carry me out of bed and put me in the back of a police car to go pronounce someone dead in the middle of the night. I remember being irritated by waking up in his arms to get put back in bed or in the car, but looking back now I really appreciate how hard he was willing to work to give us a better life and that he was doing what he had to do.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• ah, memories are great, aren't they? it seems like only yesterday my dad was playing backyard-baseball with us, or letting us climb up his legs to the top of his chest, then flipping us over to land on our feet! my daddy was never much of an authoritarian..never yelled or punished us, or even scolded much. in his eyes, we could do no wrong..in fact, he held back my mom lots of times. she'd say, ''girls, your daddy would let you go to China if you asked him!"..and daddy would always say, ''..and i'd go with them. *winkwink*"
    my daddy is 87, exactly 81yrs older than my son, sharing the same birthday..you'd think i planned it that way...and he is frail, can't walk well, memory is fading fast, and just isn't 'there' a lot of the time. he gets confused. but he's still my daddy, and still the strongest, funniest, bestest daddy in the world. i am so thankful my ds gets the opportunity to know and love him as much as i do!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My Father passed away 2 years ago

We used to go galveston fishing lot when I was little and we used to go riding motorcycle together. my favorite memory about my Dad is when I lived in NC my Dad rode his motorcycle from TX to NC just to see me he didn't bring my mom or brothers he just showed up and surprised me...

I miss my Dad!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 1:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• When we were kids, Dad used to leave for work saying "Have a fun-filled day, full of excitement and adventure!" And we did :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My dad has been gone 15 yrs. What I remember most is his love for restoring and painting classic cars. He always worked about 18 hours a day or more- it drove my mom nuts. We went to a lot of car shows when I was a kid and though I didn't like them much then- I wish I could go with him now - I miss them and him :( Sadly, because he worked SO much he was rarely ever home -or at least inside. We saw him at dinner and that was about it most of the time. He would always fall alseep in his chair watching tv when he came in, and he LOVED decorating the Christmas tree...I remember he'd tie icecicles on one by one and cut branches and whatnot to make it completely asthetically perfect (to him) every year. He was a fabulous artist and I wish I'd known him better
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My dad passed away 9 yrs ago and I miss him sooo muich... too many great memories, but the one I will share here is when I told him I was prego with my oldest. He was sooo happy, it would be the first grandchild he would be able to have close to him and watch grow up! :) He was there outside the room when I gave birth. He enjoyed my first born for 8 months then he passed away. I miss him soo and I know he would've enjoyed being a part of everyday life with my girls :)
    AromaMia

Answer by AromaMia at 3:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• awww there are all so beautiful.. I am tearing up over here
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2011