Can you cook?

I was just wondering how many of you actually can cook.

Saw a lot of questions lately where women ask how long or how at all to cook some stuff.. and my thoughts were. "OMG?! is that woman serious!!"...

Can you cook? im not talking about hamburger helper, pre-cooked stuff or spaghetti.. im talking about MEALS, where the meat takes some hours to get done... or real soups ect.

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Im a fantastic cook though I do NOT bake...I come from a long line of foodies!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• dang I sure hope so or I've been faking it good since I was 12..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes!! My favorite is homemade lasagna or chicken parmesean. I also like to make beef stew with carrots and pots, onions..
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• oh ya if i didn't know how me my BABY AND BF WOULD GO HUNGRY LOL
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh yeah I can cook. The problem is just gettin' my butt up to do it! Lol, jk! No, I love cooking, and I like experimenting with new recipes too.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My mother is the greatest cook on the planet and she taught me very well.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I can now, and very well. When I first moved out on my own, I was limited to mac and cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti and sandwiches. I didn't even know how to bake a potato. I really put alot of effort into learning... trying recipes - even the "quick and easy" recipes would take me a while since I had to refer to them frequently. Eventually I started learning basics from repetition and then what flavors went well together. I now am a master at making a near-gourmet meal from whatever is around, inventing recipes, and knowing when to start cooking the various dishes so they all get done at the same time. My mom hated cooking so I never learned anything other than how to make cookies.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes. I learned watching my mom cook and then figured the rest out when I moved out at 19. I knew the basics by then. I was shocked, too, in college to find out how many kids couldn't even make Kraft Mac & Cheese and didn't know how to do their own laundry. I had to help so many kids my freshman year because they were clueless (mostly guys but some girls, too).
    My friend is 27 and has a 9yo daughter and admits she still doesn't know how to cook. She was all proud of herself when she learned to make mac & cheese a few years ago. I mean, how hard it is to boil water and cook macaroni? I learned when I was 11.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008