ANYONE KNO ANY SITES FOR CHEAP FLIGHTS FROM COLORADO SPRINGS TO RICHMOND VA??? Please help any suggestions are really appreciated...

My husband was deployed last month and I desperately want to go back home. I had everything all planned to fly bak but my husband mother decided I should drive and she would help (27hr drive). But now here it is a week before and now she doesn't have the money to come. Which puts me in an awful bind cause I put my 30day notice in last month. And after this month my daughter nd I will have no place to go nd we are so far away from home. So please anyone with any info on military hops or discounted tickets please let me kno. Thanks Everyone!

CharlieMum916

Asked by CharlieMum916 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Travel

• well it's usually cheapest to contact the airline directly, but you can always use sites like travelocity, expedia etc.. On travelocity I found tickets from Colorado Springs to richmond for 460 each, but if you can get a ride to Denver you can get tickets for 100 less http://travel.travelocity.com/flights/ChangeSearch.do;jsessionid=0A7D49BC7974F7DC5CE9CA3A2EA71E69.p0732?locLink=OUTBOUND|LEFTRAILCHANGESEARCH

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• cheapfairs.com
    southwest.com
    travelosity.com

good luck
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You might want to look into flying into Regan (or other airports in the region) at DC instead of RVA. At least check it.

Richmond is a very expensive airport to fly into/out of, sadly. Our last trip it cost less to drive to/from DC and pay to park the car for 10 days than the difference in flying from Richmond.

I mentioned Regan because you can get on the Metro at the airport and take to Franconia-Springfield to be picked up, or switch to amtrak (or possibly see if anyone in your extended network would be driving back from Pentagon or Quanitco or somewhere and could bring a rider). I know several people at Ft. Lee (civilian and active) who seem to always be up there, and I'm not connected to the military. Hope this helps!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 6:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011