Stubborn?

What do i do? Today my girl drove me nuts. She could not choose her outfit for 49 minutes. Then she told me to make her to clean her teeth, only her dad was actually able to do it. Then when her tutor came she agreed to work with her only after dad promiced her to go to sea world. I told him he was better to ground her instead of allowing her to do everything. Now she made a fuss over the chear to sit. It like she testing my guts on her... Any parenting advice? She is just six years old and as for today i am exhausted.

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• After 49 minutes she chose outfit again with her dad. She simply refused to come or open her mouth unless again her dad stepped in. Then she wanted to sit on the chair that higher than the table with the tutor. I told her ill ground her, she told that she hates me, that i am mean...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You need to work on her dad first. Sounds like she's able to manipulate him easily, and she know it. The two of you need to work out a discipline plan and stick to it. If she is like this at 6, wait til she's 13, lol.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Tell her she has 5 minutes to choose her outfit or you choose it for her. Tell her she brushes her teeth or you do it for her. When you do it for her, make it unpleasant. This works well with my 6 year old cranky-pants son.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i'd lay down the law. Ground her.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• She is 6 years old. I would of chosen the out fit myself after the first 5 minutes. You need to toughen up on this little miss other wise she is going to be walking all over you. Im all for giving children choices, but that's only after they have learnt to follow an instruction first time everytime.
    MadreMas

Answer by MadreMas at 3:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Sounds like you need to work on Daddys behavior too! Going to seaworld? Not at my house! There would be no "rewards" only punishment for acting like that.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Sounds like Dad needs to grow a backbone and stop being a sucker.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Don't give her the chance to make those decisions, make them for her and make her follow your rules.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 12:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'd take things away!
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Holy Cow! Dad needs a spine, lol. Yeah she needs some ground rules. She will be hell at 15.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011