Kids say the darndest things...

I can't believe the things that come out of my 3yr olds daughters mouth sometimes. Sometimes funny, sometimes naughty...

What things you your kids say that you can't believe they would say it...

OctMommyof3

Asked by OctMommyof3 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My granddaughter has said:

"Mommy, Grandpa is your daddy, right? He's my daddy, too!" My daughter was in a crowded store at the time and got some very dirty looks from the other shoppers!

My granddaughter has also said, "Oh, Damn, that hurt!" when she stubbed her toe.

Recently, she started saying, "Oh my God!" when she's excited, which is not appropriate in our Roman Catholic family.

I think the funniest thing I ever heard a kid say was about thirty years ago, though, when I was a day care teacher. Two four year olds and a five year old, one girl and two boys, were playing in the housekeeping center. Both boys wanted to be the daddy, and were arguing about it. The little girl - a precious child from a good home - put one hand on her hip and gestured with her other hand, as though she had it all figured out. She said, "You can be the Daddy, and you can be the boyfriend!"
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 6:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My daughter, who just turned 4 on June 7th came up to me almost a month ago and gave me a lecture about penis' and vagina's lol. I have no idea where she even got that from because we sure havent talked about it and the only shows allowed on tv when she is awake are kid shows like Dora or Mickey Mouse. We havent had to bring it up with her because she is an only child (at least until July 19th) and she doesnt go to school or day care so the fact that she even knows that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina shocked the crap out of me.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011