What consequence may help?

My teen says no when I tell her to do something, gives me a smug look and walks away. What would you do about that. Don't say catch her, cuz I've tried that and she stays just far away from me to not let me do that and taunts me. What kind of consequence would curtail that sort of disrespect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would ground her, take away cellphone, tv, computer, anything she enjoys.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Take away cell phone, computer, ipod. If she already has those things taken away and still acts out? Go a step further, take away make up, hair dryer, straightner, hair gel, hair spray. another step further is nail polish, some of her clothes, leave her with 2 uhliest pairs of pants she owns and 2 old t shirts, and one pair of shoes. My mom did this when I acted out, sure worked. and of course she cant go anywhere until she learns how to mind
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I agree with the above poster but I would also go as far as to take everything from her room but her bed and I would also remove the door. Privacy is a privilege.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I agree with PRs - hit her where it hurts - reduce allowance per 'offense' too. Try to be calm when you tell her/remove things as it wll have better effect. I don't envy you one bit - I was a nightmare teen and drove my parents to distraction!
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 4:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

I agree with the above poster but I would also go as far as to take everything from her room but her bed and I would also remove the door. Privacy is a privilege.

then she needs to earn thes back one by one
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 5:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Take away whatever she likes the most.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 4:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2011