Do people really want opinions?

Some people ask some pretty hot button questions here. From what I've noticed, gay marriage, food stamps, gun rights, and one that suprisingly gets a lot of negativity baby naming. So what I'm wondering is do people want opinions? Or do they want people to to agree with them. If someone asks you what you think of a name and you say you think it is horrible and they get mad, why ask? You must know that everyone out there isn't going to think your name is fabulous. One tag line on someone's profile is, If you don't want my honest opinion, don't ask.

My baby brother is gay, and I support gay marriage, but if someone doesn't I don't get mad, I was there at one time.

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 2:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree Holly I have noticed some folks ask provoking questions then thump them if they think it is wrong if you are asking what others think then you should be prepared that they might sometimes HUGE might disagree with you. When I ask different things it out of curiosity except for my fun questions and respect what everyone else's opinion on it even if I don't totally agree.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 2:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think that are a bit of both kids of people on here. There are the people that will post a question and as soon as people do not agree with them then they erase it. There are the people that love to ask question and push peoples buttons and feed off the negativity. Then there is another group of people that honestly enjoy or need to hear things from another perspective.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I don't mind honest opinions but I do mind rude assholes. One lady last night was talking about sex with her husband and some jerk said her husband was gay and she needed a breath mint.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• OMG! That's awful, but I will tell I laughed when I read your post.
    HollyBoBolly

Comment by HollyBoBolly (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• @emmy omg I think we should have consideration to the ladies that don't have the mentality to grow the fuck up and want to flick people noses and I just love it when they do it anon I mean really? people just crack me up some days, but not much we can do about it LOL
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yeah lol
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I like honest opinions but not down right rude comments.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You can usually tell by the way questions are worded if what is wanted is an opinion or just agreement.

As far as baby names go, I don't even bother. I'm not a fan of "unusual" spellings or semi-made-up names - just my opinion. So, I'm not the person to comment.

BUT, there are some people here who give their opinions in the most hateful, obnoxious way. I think opinions should be given in a constructive way.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• well idk...how do you want me to answer your question?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• HAHA. However you want dullsissors.
    HollyBoBolly

Comment by HollyBoBolly (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2011