Vehicle question

We just got a van today, given to us by some wonderfully kind people. We own a car but can't fit everyone in it and it's not the safest (imo) The sticker on it needs to be renewed, we haven't done it yet because we needed to cover the mortgage payment. The insurance doesn't start on the van until monday.
DH wants to switch the plates and take it to our friends today so that we don't have to make 2 trips. I'm a little nervous about doing that. It's only a 5 to 10 min drive and we could take side streets there.
Would you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yes i would. my family is a family of 6 and we own a jeep and its only a 5 seater and usually i sit in the very back if we have to all go some where and its important but i wouldnt go if it wasnt important
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would not, the most accidents happen a couple of miles from home.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Nope I wouldn't take the chances. It is not worth the extra half an hour if something were to happen you would be in a bind.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't either, just b/c if something happens and they run the plates it will show up different and look like it's stolen.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Not me! Anything could happen, and PP's are right, most accidents happen within a couple miles from home.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Nope, not a good idea.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011