Facebook

Is there anyone else on here that doesn't have facebook? I see it as a toxic entity and knew it wasn't cool the minute my Mom had one. Why do people feel the need to be so connected all the time? From what I see, it has to potential to destroy relationships, and since a relationship is hard enough, why add the extra factor?

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 3:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Technology

• OMG!!! I thought I'm the only one who doesn't have a Facebook account. When I tell peple "so let's stay in touch and get together" they tell me "why don't you get on Facebook and we'll be in touch all the time!" So what happened to a good old phone call or even text and e-mail? Now the only e-mails I get are chain letters, or e-vites to parties to sell something! Ugh!!!!!!
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 3:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• okay... I think you look into facebook way to much. I have one and I keep int ouch with family from other states or family that lives on the another side of the state. Facebook doesnt destroy relationships its the people using it that does it. Thats like blaming alcohol on killing another driver instead of blaming the actual drunk driver.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• it all depends on how you use it
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I've never had issues on FB. I use it to keep in touch with out of state family & friends. My family has a group on FB where we share pictures & milestones when we're not able to see each other in person. FB is just another way to communicate, IMO.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I didn't have a FB account for a long time..but like PP said, it all depends how you use it...if you go on there LOOKING for trouble, then yes, it's very easy to find. A lot of people have friends and family far away and it's a fun way to stay in touch, share pics, etc....you can find trouble wherever you look for it. My husband and I each have one. We have no trust issues, so it's not a big deal.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My account is for my workout and for my work I keep in touch with people who no longer live in the same state or country. Or people I work with in my virtual office.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I agree it depends on how you use it. If someone is a drama queen, then they'll start drama wherever they go regardless. If a relationship is unstable, it will deteriorate regardless.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I love facebook
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I love Auburn. War damn Eagle!!!
    HollyBoBolly

Comment by HollyBoBolly (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011