ive had my iud for a year and a half.forthe past 3 weeks i have been cramping with some spotting. whats going on?

carriespine

Asked by carriespine at 5:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could very well be a period, but I would still call you Gyn just to make sure. Not having a period with it is normal though. I guess you lucked out and yours stopped right away. Mine were still a regular thing every month clear on up to removal. They were extremely light (more spotting than anything) but still there every month. Good luck, sweetie.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• slippage? I would see a doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Is the cramping severe? Is the spotting abnormal? As in, is the spotting happening around when your period is supposed to be, or is it happening way, way away from your time? If so, call your doctor just to make sure it's normal. That being said.... I used to get light cramping every month around the time I ovulated. Nothing so bad that it effected every day life. I've always had that sort of cramping, but with the IUD, it was just more noticeable, if that makes sense. But I never spotted unless it was my time. I had the IUD for a little over 4 years.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I haven't had a period since ive had the iud, so ive lost track of when my time was.... But its been a spot here and there daily for about 3 weeks with cramps... Something new for me. Some days the cramps are horrible, some days.i don't notice
    carriespine

Comment by carriespine (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Thank you so much!
    carriespine

Comment by carriespine (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011