Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to buy tops when your are large chested?

I need to update my wardrobe and am way out of practice at this. lol We've had three kids close in age and I have fallen into that slump of plain t shirts, jeans and a pony tail. It has it's place but I would really like to feel pretty again. The thing I am having the hardest time with is tops. My boobs are big and nothing I try on fits right unless I size up and the shirt is too loose in other areas. Can anyone recommend any particular brands that are friendly to the big breasted crowd? I'm ready to give up and just live in a hoodie! :( A friend recommended having clothes tailored but I don't know where to take things to have that done or what I'd be looking at as far as cost to have everything I buy fixed.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

Answers (10)
  • The best place that I've found is   It is for large breasted women that aren't big all over.


    Answer by Jademom07 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • hanes her way, woman within,roamans.....all have good tops and undergarments for larger chested ladies....

    Answer by michaux at 6:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • I agree with Jademom07. They ship to the U.S.. The clothes are beautiful.

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • Simplicity3

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • Crap, they are expensive! Really pretty clothes, but expensive!
    Have you looked at Lane Bryant?
    You can look at My sister orders her bras from there, she's huge up there. I think they are based out of England. She loves the bras from there.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • I was gonna suggest Lane Bryant...good luck!

    Answer by justme782 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

  • Tailoring most dry cleaners have a tailor on staff ,try your local fabric store sometimes they keep a listing of ppl looking for work Is there a design school in your area or university that offers a degree in anything relating to fashion? Maybe a junior/senior student needs some field work or extra money.

    Answer by RobinChristine at 1:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • I buy most of my clothes from . They usually have some type of sale going on, or have % off discount codes that you can use.
    If you need things altered, you may want to look in the phone book under alterations or tailors or check out your local paper to see if someone is advertising their services, or as someone else suggested check at dry cleaners to see if they have a tailor or can recommend someone to do alterations. You could also ask at a bridal salon- they must know people who do alterations.

    Answer by MizLee at 3:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • Bravissimo has some nice stuff, but they are definitely on the pricey side. I'd find a good tailor. If you're taking in a bunch of stuff they may cut you a little bit of a deal.

    Answer by katiemomNY at 11:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • Lane Bryant is a good one I find them in various places though it just a matter of finding a shirt that fits right I don't think it is particular brand per se I If I like a top or a jacket that well I tailor it myself to make it fit right

    Answer by djavongirl at 12:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.