Teeny Tiny Kitchen Ants...

I have cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, dried the sink... I have this issue every summer but usually keeping it spotless and most importantly DRY they go away... They won't leave this time! I even tried a spray... still there. Geeze! Any ideas? I followed the trail they are going in and out an electrical socket... weird huh?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Is the electrical outlet outside? If not, go outside and see where they are entering the house. Put out ant baits and also Borax mixed 50/50 with suger.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I can not for the life of me find where they are getting in! I look every year!! It must be under the porch/deck somewhere...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• oh no. Ive been there before! i have moved in and out of so many rental propertys and we have had our share or bugs come and go.. including ants! One place we lived in they only came int he summer, and they came up through a vent in our floor of the dining room.. mind you im a neat freak.. my floors are clean and we dont leave food out and about.. well it helped by stocking up on some ant spray and spraying the crap outta that vent.. down inside it and everything and also by getting outside ant killer and spraying our lawn where they were clearly coming form to begin with.. It helped tons.. One night [before buying the sprays] we went out for the weekend.. came home to find them making a trail up the vent, a line going under the table and into my living room, around my rug and toward my front door it was insane! i freaked out.. everything got washed down and vacuumed and after spraying the problem stopped.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Ants are nightmare this year! It seems like everybody is saying they have them. I have ant bait around the kitchen.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• They are startng to be a problem for me also. I'm getting Terro for inside and will be spraying around the outside of the house with some ant killing product I've yet to buy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• those aren't ants...they are little water gnats and they live for about 2 weeks..completely harmless but very annoying...I used to get them around my dog water bowl and asked my bug man about it...don't spray poisons on them just b/c it's bad to breath...that's why they go away when it's dry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I've never had ants in the house until this year!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2011