Is your Dh not so dear sometimes?

When he gets frustrated with you does he call you a bitch, or any other offensive word/name? And if he does, how to respond, act upon it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Mine does it all the time. He acts like its no big deal to be a complete ass to me. Never apologizes. It happens so often I rune him out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Nope, he wouldn't dare. We treat each other with respect even when fighting.

My XH used to do this. he would do anythign he could to demean me and put me down when fighting and then when it was over, I was expected to act like it never happened or that he didn't mean it. Sorry but even when fighting you should treat each other with respect. not say things that you wouldn't say any other time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• No he doesn't call me names. But of course sometimes he's not so dear just like sometimes (maybe more then him) I'm not so dear Lol
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We have a long-established rule that any disagreements are never made personal and we have stuck to it for 13-yrs. It certainly keeps resentment at bay. I would tackle it by saying that it's inappropriate and unacceptable to be called names like that. You can be angry with someone's behaviour but there should be a level of respect given to them.
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 6:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• he would never call me names...we may yell and argue but he knows the name calling isn't happening
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Sometimes he's not so dear, but he doesn't call me names. I think he may have called me a bitch once in 15 years. I however, have called him an asshole many times. Not nice, I know. Neither of us fight fair. He doesn't apologize for what he does, well, maybe a few times he has. But he says he never apologizes because he doesn't say or do anything he needs to apologize for. Which is bullshit. He does other things not so dear. He can be an asshole sometime. And, he knows it. Just as I know I can be a bitch. The important thing is, we always make up.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We don't call each other names and we try to not raise our voices. I'll admit, when we argue, I'm the one that will start to get loud. But I can say, he is not so dear sometimes.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I can't recall him calling me a name aside from cutsie ones, but if he ever did call me a bitch, I would just look at him and say ... "Well YEAH and your point would be .... ?" Because you know what ... I can be a vicious, hateful bitch and it I was acting like a bitch to him, I deserve to be called out for it. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Don't you know that on Cafe Mom, everyone's husband is perfect??? LOL!!

My husband and I have pretty much worked out our "anger management" issues after 12 years of being together. At least we keep it together in front of our son... But we do have the ocassional eff you moments... but it's pretty mutual when it gets to that point. We apologize and keep it moving forward. At the end of the day, I think of how crappy it would be if I lost him, like really lost him... And that keeps it in perspective. But no, there's not a lot of name calling and even though my husband has a short fuse with other people when he's angry, he has tons of patience for me and our son. Family is important to him.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2011