I just need to vent or i'm gonna cry out of frustration!

So i totally get that my husband works all the time M-Saturdays but on the one day he could spend with me, WITHOUT our son he decides he wants to go to the church and get things put together for the choir that he is fixing to start up....I work ALL the time too just not in the way he does. I am a stay at home mom to a two yr old. I go go go morning day and night. I never get a chance to set down and when i do (when my son goes to his grandparents house) i clean, like big time deep clean. This is what I have been doing all day since my husband was at work. Is it wrong for me to just want him to stay home with me for once? Sorry i am irritated. Maybe im being selfish, if so i'm sorry I don't mean to be. Just like time with my husband.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if you lived close to me, we could be BFF's with the SAME problem!!! lol!! so, my DH works a LOT..runs a restaurant, I get it, it's busy...I stay home with our almost 3 year old, who is very hard headed :)....3 animals, my dog just had major surgery, so in addition to giving her the meds for pain and trying to keep 70 lbs. calm (lol), I also sleep on the couch next to the dog, so when she wakes up she doesn't freak out AND I have the baby monitor right next to my head!! ALL while DH is sleeping soundly b/c he has to work the next morning...now he is leaving in the a.m. for Florida for a business meeting!! I wanna go to a meeting dammit!!! I want out of the house!!!

I feel your pain...there's my vent too...I think men can justify it by saying they "work for money...blah, blah, blah" whatever....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• p.s...to answer your question, no you're not selfish...my DH and I set a side about 1 day a month for a "date night"...go out to dinner, movie, etc....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with the way you are feeling.... I have been married 30 years (to the same man) and we've had our ups and downs like that. If my opinion counts for anything, may I suggest you hop in that car and go with him. The important thing is to spend time together. I have gone a lot of places that I thought would be boring but ended up being quiet pleasurable, especially since you are with him.
    The best thing to do is try to make the best out of a undesirable situation.
    Oh and if you need a good cry..... Then go for it. There's nothing wrong with that either. It's a gal thing.

Good Luck honey.....
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I understand your need to vent, and maybe you don't want to hear any suggestions! There is nothing wrong with the way you are feeling. Husbands are pretty clueless, so if you want him to understand your feelings, you are going to have to tell him, several times! Learn the right way to communicate. Use "I" statements, never "you" statements. Say things like, "I feel _____." not, "You always ______". I-statements are facts. He can chose to listen or ignore them. You-statements will make him defensive, and less likely to cooperate. You and your DH need to establish "Date Night". Set aside one night a week for just the two of you. Brainstorm together some possible date ideas, then start doing them. Maybe dinner and a movie one week, maybe a walk in the park the next. Even just being home without the kids can be romantic. Once you get your once-a-week fix, you and he might be communicating better the rest of the week!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 7:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011