I want to know how many moms would give their infant organic homemade baby food if it were more easily accessible?

I am a mother of a 7 month old and I make all of his food from organic products. I'm lucky enough to work from home and be able to do this. It made me question how many moms out there just buy jar food because they are busy moms, whether they are working, or have their hands full maintaining their household? I am thinking of starting my own baby food catering business and would like to know what kind of market there is and if there are moms that would buy the food if it were easier? It would have a higher price because of it being organic and homemade, so that is something to take into consideration...

EricsMomma635

Asked by EricsMomma635 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there actually is a company that sells their organic baby food at Whole foods...I can't remember the name but it comes in what looks like little ice cube trays in individual portions...I never tried it, but always fed my daughter homemade organic food :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I did when my daughter was younger. She two now! I would love for my whole family to eat organic but its wayyy to expensive. I do try to buy what I can when I can though.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would not. I also make all my own baby food but do not use organic and would not be interested in buying any.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• *rolls eyes* I hate the misuse of the word organic.. NATURAL is a far better word. true organic chemistry means containing carbon. gasoline, plastics, pesticides, fertilizers, are all organic substances. INorganic chemistry is the absense of carbon.. metals, minerals, air and water are examples of inorganic substances.

Trust me, if they use organic in their titles, it's just a way to beef up the cost of the product because too many people are into the new "trend"... often times you'd be surprised how little of a difference there is in the products. Take an ice cream plant i useto work for.. the only difference between OUR ice cream and the organic that we subcrontracted was how we cleaned the machines. One we used an environmentally friendly (and safe) soap and water spray, the other we just used water....
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• so really between buying "organic" or regular, there truly isn't a huge difference (if any at all)...

now as for homemade natural babyfoods.. well if you truly want to market them, one, use NATURAL HOMEMADE rather than organic (i won't buy organic products at all because it's false advertising, however I will look into a product marketed as natural)..
    I'd look into jarring as well to help keep it fresher..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I make my own baby food. I am a SAHM, but it really doesn't take much longer than opening a jar. I mean, I'm cooking for the rest of my family anyway, it's not a big deal to take whatever fruits and veggies we are having and mash them with a fork!

Answer by missanc at 9:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2011