Parents who dont watch their kids...

the people behind me(2 different families) send their kids out about 8 am and they stay out all day until 10-11 pm. we live in a town house complex....10 units all together. these kids will hook their hose to the neighbors facet when they arent home and play for hours in the water. sometimes they play next to the high way(mind you these kids are between 4 and 9yrs old. they have tried to play on our swings and tried stealing our water, going out and yellin at them proved nothing i had to call the cops several times. they would constantly play in our yard and patio. one day i was cleaning and i was blarring my pagan song list and my kids were being loud,(but not any louder than their kids and they blar their music until midnight most days, i keep the noise at my place to a minimum after 9 pm which is the complex curfew) i guess one of the kids came up and looked in my patio door and seen my pentagram wind chime i had in the dining room and ran home freaked out. their parents called the cops saying i was a devil worshipper. (im not) so they dont come around my place anymore but they still raise hell with the neighbors units. i try not to let them get to me but if bothers me to no end that these kids are stealing people water and busting up their stuff. the older couple im guessing in their 70s has to replace a section of their wood fence cause these kids destroyed. one neighbor moved out last week cause she couldnt afford the high water bill since the new kids started stealing her water. i dont see why its so hard for one of these kids' parents to go out and watch their kids play.
i always go out when my kids go out, for one to make sure they stay safe(we have a group home that houses sex offenders, its one of those rehabilitation things, and its 3 blocks away) and so they dont do stupid shit and also and excuse to get me outside and be active. is it too much to expect to have parents teach their kids morals and to respect other people's property? maybe thats the thing of the past....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Omg I have the exact same situation AND i am pagan too. The only difference is the kid is younger and the mom is not a b word just super ignorant.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Has anyone called CPS? If these children are forced to be outside all day long without adult supervision and meals CPS should be called and parents should be investigated. Call the police everytime the children steal water (personally I've never heard of stealing water but if you say it happens then it must happen.)
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I... don't even know what to say lol. I'm pagan too, and the devil worshipper thing really bothers me. They're terrible parents AND ignorant. What did they think the police would do, even if you DID worship the devil?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i have called the cops more than a dozen times about their behavoir and i called cps after these heathens shot and killed a stray cat the me and 2 older couples feed. she was pregnant and all of us(me my kids the older couples) were looking forward to having kittens and the fact that these kids i guess around 6 or 7 having guns and then shootin the cat so close to my living room window in MY yard...as far as i know nothing has been done. i know neighbors have called the cops countless times and i know around here if the cops are called after so many times within a certain time period and it concerns kids cps is automatically called to investigate. i called the land lord many times to complain and to report to her the damage these kids had done to other units. and it seems like nothing is done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would put a lock on my outdoor facet and call CPS. These kids are running wild and they are too young for that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• well lucky for me i knew the cop personally and he thought it was funny, i guess they thought i was gonna corrupt their kids with my devil(pagan) songs lol. cause ya know how evil us pagans are..... cant vouch for you but i can say yeah im soo evil, i teach my kids to respect their elders and other people, say please and thank you, yes mam yes sir. and my kids proved how evil they were today...we had a parade and there was this little boy about 2ish and this old lady im guessing late 70s early 80s...and when my kids went got candy that was thrown from the parade they shared with the lil boy and they gave some to the old lady when she said she wanted some candy but was too lazy to go out into the street to get it. and right before we left my kids felt the need to give the old lady a hug and told her to have a good day..yep soo evil
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We have the same exact issues going on and we are also a town home complex. It really sucks, and even though I know for a fact that CPS has been called on several of the families, nothing is ever done. I know one of the families has no power or water, and they steal both from neighboring town homes. These kids are all between 4 and 10, and I've even caught them walking on the roof, walking back and forth! The kids were even sliding down the hill behind the complex that borders a road, and no one did a thing. They could have DIED! I think I'm one of 2 sets of parents that actually watch their kids around here and do not let them destroy other people's property. Keep calling the cops- eventually they will HAVE to do something!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• That is terrible! I am so sorry!

I don't know what some parents are thinking! It is crazy to let such young kids run about unattended. I mean, what if something happened to one of the kids at 11AM? Would the parents not know about it until 11PM?

Poor babies.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I meant to add... pm me please!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I don't know what some parents are thinking! It is crazy to let such young kids run about unattended. I mean, what if something happened to one of the kids at 11AM? Would the parents not know about it until 11PM?

im sure they would know about it sooner than that if it were to be physical injury since i can see most of the complex from my back patio and we go out often. now what scares me is that one of those freaks will escape that group and take one of those kids. one of those people are there because he is mentally retarded and killed a 14 yr boy with a knife stabbing him several times. and even though that place is in lock down and so far no one has escaped but doesnt mean it wont happen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011