I got rough feet, help home remedies

I have severly rough feet like alligator skin. cracked heels so cracked i sometimes cant walk on them

Shepherdtxmom

Asked by Shepherdtxmom at 7:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Health

• if it gets to the point of not being able to walk on them, go get a $20 pedi and ask them to use the blade...it shaves off ALL That dead callous skin and your feet are like brand new...i get it done :) after you have that done, slather them in thick lotion after shower and put on socks while it soaks in. Summer is always harder b/c we tend to go barefoot and wear flipflops...it should help...you'd be amazed at what comes off your heels!! feels incredible after though :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• http://www.methodsofhealing.com/home-remedies-for-rough-skin-on-feet/
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My mom has this problem. She would soak her feet in brewed warm tea(tea bags) and then scrape them. You can actually see the dead skin coming off. Sounds weird but it works.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I had cracked heels for a long time. It was from not moisturizing enough. I finally started using a foot scraper when in the shower and putting cream on day and night (especially at night). Go easy with the foot scraper at first, filing off a little of the dry skin at a time when you shower. Then moisturize all the time. It is worth it!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Well it just so happens I gave myself a pedicure this morning....
    After getting out of the shower (feet are well soaked and clean), I used one of those callus emory type things made for scrubbing off the rough edges. The ped-egg thing works wonders too. Then find the best moisturizer you can, especially for feet, and pile it on. I would then put on thick socks, especially if you are doing this at bed time, and let your feet stay in them. Do this every day until you have corrected the problem and then do it as needed to prevent dry damaged feet again.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Try soaking your feet in some hot water with salt and olive oil. I have psoriasis on my feet and that helps.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Use plain Crisco or whatever vegetable shortening you have on hand as a moisturizer for your feet. Put it on nice & thick right before bed, then cover your feet with white cotton socks (no synthetics!). Do this every night until the cracks go away. Once the cracks are gone, you can start using a foot file or ped egg, etc. to work on the callouses after a shower/bath. Continue with the Crisco on your feet at night until your feet are completely healed & soft, then you can switch to a regular lotion each night for maintenance.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011