What do you think he meant??

Today at DHs job this morning, he found out that their main manager quit out of nowhere and the other was already scheduled to have his last day today. The only other manager they have at their store is pregnant and doesn't work that often already but will end up working even less the farther along she is. My DH has been there longer than most other employees, works the most and works harder than the rest. I know that sounds typical of a wife but really, most of his co-workers try to get by with the minimum amount of work. He has been interestedin being a manager for awhile but because his sales are the highest out of everyone they wouldn't promote him because they'd loose his sales. Well today he talked to their District Manager and asked if he could take over as manager because of the situation... His response was, "It'll be alot of training and would be a nice step, and everyone has to start somewhere" Then he told me DH they'd talk more later. My DH is convinced he won't get the position based on whats happened in the past but I think that sounds pretty positive.

What do you guys think was meant by that statement?

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• To me it sounds like the district manager wants to give him a chance and help him up the ladder. Don't get your hopes up though.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It's sounds like they are going to give him a shot GL sounds positive to me ;) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I'm hoping it means he'll give him a chance. Especially considering the way my DH found out the main manager was quiting was when he showed up to work this morning, and he wasnt there and he had to go to his bosses house, drag him out of bed, and the guy threw the keys at my DH said he was done and he wasnt coming back to work. He didnt give notice tell anyone or anything. He just wasnt going to show up....So my DH had to go open the store. So frustrating. I'm not getting my hopes up but he deserves the promotion.
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Sounds positive to me!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• it sounds like he's going to talk to the local management in the store first.. now because of the situation he may be temporarily placed as manager to take over until replacements are found... if he does just as well in management as he does on the floor, he has a good shot at keeping the management position.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think its positive, but at the same time he might just be saying that cause hes afraid your DH might leve the company if he doesnt get it, or he just is stalling and doesnt want to answer the question at. You never know......
    beckymom18

Answer by beckymom18 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It sounds like your DH may not be qualified, as in, he may not understand exactly what a manager needs to know.
    However, it looks like they may be willing to give him a chance. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 6:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The possibility might be there but I think your husband has to wait to see what develops in the coming week. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think that he needs to start looking for a new job

Answer by rkoloms at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think he made that statement to prepare him for all the hardwork involved,but it doesnt mean he wont give your husband the job. I hope he gets it:-)

Check out my Blog: www.FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011