I kiss my baby's "hurts" at least 50 times a day HELP!

I am kissing them(his hurts) like every 3 minutes and I am getting sick an tired of it. I am kissing head, his eyes, nose, fingers, knees, stomach, and nasty little feet. And after I am done he says "Hurt gone momma" i know I am kissing something over 50 times a day and this has been going on for months. I really think he is making up these so call "hurts" now. And if I refuse to kiss them he will cry and scream until I kiss it. Please, Please, give me some advice on how to deal with this. I have tried telling him to let a bear kiss his hurt when ever he is hurting(advice from another mom), but it is not working. By the way he is 2yrs old.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Enjoy these moments. He wants his momma to make it all better. He loves you and you have magic powers. In a blink he'll be a teen and you'll suck so...enjoy it now.
    Anonymous

• My son is 2 and I was also kissing boo boos about 50 times a day. I tried to stop and say "its okay just shake it off" But then he looked at me so hurt and said as he looked at his knee "I ov oo boo boo" and kissed it him self. (translation I love you boo boo) It made me feel so bad so now I try to kiss them all and he doesn't get them quite as much anymore :) GL
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• This won't last forever. Someday, he won't even tell you about them and he'll hide away in his room. Enjoy being the most important person in his life... you're his whole world! Nasty little feet and all... he'll grow up and stop needing you. :-(
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I just tell my little ones, you are fine or you will live something to that effect. Now when my little ones hurt they jump up and say those same things. I also tell them to kiss things themselves if they really need a kiss.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• when my dd first started to walk, she fell down quite a bit... so when she would fall, I noticed she would look to me.. the first few times I was "oh baby come here, mommy kiss the boo boo and make it better".. so by the end of the first week she began to expect it.. well since I noticed she'd look to me for my reaction first.. I instead would see her fall.. and when she did and looked at me.. I gave a little giggle and an "uh oh".. from that moment on, she'd mostly giggle if she fell on her bum. If she truly hurt herself she would cry... and then get the magic kisses from mommy. It worked great for mine..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• These are good suggestions! I almost wasn't going to answer, because I think they've said it all. Then I thought I'd add one more. You can make a cold pack to put on some of his booboos. You can freeze a slightly damp sponge, and put it in a zippy bag. When the child falls, take out the cold pack and hold it to the boo-boo. This isn't as comforting as a kiss, so the child's owie gets better quicker. Another mom I met once used to use popscicles for owies. The child had to hold the popsicle on his boo boo until he stopped crying, then he could eat it. I didn't do this, because I think my grandchild would just be falling down a lot more to get the popsicle! But for that mom, it worked well. Another cold-pack suggestion is to use a package of frozen peas. It can feel nice, because the peas shape to the body part that hurts better than an ice pack would. Some people fill bags with rice and sew them shut, and freeze that
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 11:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011