What happens?

my sons car seat only holds 22lbs he is at 17.5 lb hes only 5months so what do you use after he passes 22lbs what type of car seat is he able to use?or can he use the same

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A rear facing seat. That will turn to a front facing seat. One things I have heard good things about is the My Ride 65.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• A convertible seat, rear-facing. He can use that up to 33 lbs or so, depending on the seat. My kids have all had to switch around 6 months. They don't snap in and out, but they are handy and can be flipped forward-facing when you're ready

Some examples are the evenflo triumph and britax marathon. There are cheaper ones, but those are some of the top ones and will give you an idea of how they work, what they can cost, and what sizes they work with.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• a rear facing convertible car seat.. check the limits so that it can stay rear facing up to 30-40lbs. (it's now recommended to keep them rear facing until age 2.. there is a lot of reasoning for this, however just googling some of the information, you'll defnitely want to consider it).
    For now you'll be fine.. my dd was 20lbs at 4 months, lol... she's six months now and 20lbs 15.6 ounces..
    they typically start to mellow out on weight gain around now because they become more active.. so I'll bet you can probably wait a good 3 months before needing to convert.
    most car seats are now designed to allow for children to be rear facing until age 2 to meet the new recommendations. So it shouldnt' be much of an issue.. but as I said, one that converts to forward facing is best.. 5 point harness.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2011