What is he doing?

I am just curious my son who is four months old will sometimes just randomly grab and hug my whole face then he will press his face into mine with his mouth open and rub it all over my cheeck is this his why of giving mommy kisses or what? Oh and its not that he is hun gry either because i thought that tried to feed him and he didn't want it so IDK what he is doing

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Lol that sounds so cute and sweet!! Maybe he is just trying to hug and kiss you! Babies learn to mock the expressions of their parents and those around them most. Do you ever get in his face and just kiss him or rub his nose with yours or anything? He could just be trying to copy something you do to him sometimes, hehe! But omg that is sooo cute!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My son did this too. My theory is that babies put EVERYTHING in their mouths including trying to put your face in their mouth! I think it's their way of exploring your face!
    Anonymous

• Yes I do kiss him alot on his face and rub my nose on his (I cant help it he's so darn cute LOL) as matter of fact we actually have a kissing game where he cracks up because I give him kisses on each of his cheeks as fast as I can so maybe thats where he is getting it from but your right srhmldndo it is super sweet I guess I was more curious if its just something all babies do LOL
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You have a delightfully cuddly little guy!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 8:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008