Have you had your gallbladder removed? Did it cause any changes in weight?

I'm having my gallbladder removed on Wednesday due to tons of gallstones....I was wondering if any of you have had yours removed and whether it caused a change in weight whether it be weight gain or loss and how much of a difference it was.

I've been having problems since I had my daughter 2 years ago and I've not been able to lose weight since I've been having issues and I'm always bloated and gassy. I'm hoping it doesn't cause weight gain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Health

• I didn't lose or gain any weight when mine was removed....
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I had mine removed and I feel so much better. You still have to watch what you eat as far as greasy and unhealthy foods or you can find yourself running to the restroom when eating out or at friends and family house's, so you must watch what you eat and how your body reacts to those foods. I don't think it made much difference as far as my weight, I am eating better and walking more and I lost a couple of pounds, but I don't think it had anything to do with having my gallbladder removed.
    Anonymous

• I had mine out and did not gain or lose weight.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i had mine out 3 months ago i lost about 2 pounds but my gal bladder was so packed and serious that it was all the gal bladder its self for the weight. but i had gal stones for almost 4 years
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 9:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011