How do I do tell my MIL I want her to move out with out making her feel bad?

Dont get me wrong we get along great. But me(24) and my my SO (31) need to be on our own now.... and we miss our privacy. The root of our problems is her... she treats us like we are still kids and is always snooping around to know our business.... I have no help from her when it comes to cleaning or even washing her own dishes cooking or anything. or rent money. How do we tell her its time to go? Our relationship is going down the drain because we constantly argue about how fed up we are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• If you have a good relationship with her, you need to be honest with her and let her know it's time you two were really on your own. You need to approach her with your SO as a united front. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Just tell her straight up, actually... you husband should be the one telling her.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think it's SO's job to tell her, not yours. If he explains to her nicely that you are a young couple and need to have your privacy she shouldn't be offended.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 8:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Hubs/SO should tell his mother. No matter it's done it's going to make her feel bad.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think it would be okay for both of you to sit down with her and discuss how you both feel. You really need to be honest with her. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i would nicely ask her if she has enough to finally live on her own cause your thinking you and your hubby/Bf want to start to live on your own just to know what its like.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• when you adults its really important to have privacy and its not easy when mil is living with you. Has she the means to live by herself? Could she afford it? talk to her about ut and explain it to her why you guys want/need it tha way
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011