Hating Comcast.

I just waited on hold for 48 minutes for them to tell they couldn't cancel my account because the department closed 45 minutes ago.

Just wanted everyone to know how unhappy I am with them right now. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We hated them so bad we went to Verizon Fios the first day it was in town!! So many people jumped ship they are offering to buy out peoples contracts  from Fios the get them back!! Our reply was "yeah, does your customer service still suck?". When they were speechless we said "yeah, that's what we thought!! NO thanks!". Click!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I hated them when I had them. We moved to a state outside their service area and I cancelled our cable tv. I returned the box, got a receipt for it and my final payment then 2 months later I'm getting calls from a collection agency! They actually put it on my credit too, I was LIVID since they had never mailed me anything (Comcast OR the collection agency). Once I mailed them a copy of my receipts as well as my bank statement and a copy of the check I used to pay the final bill they left me alone but it took me almost a year to get it off my credit.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• COMCAST SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was very happy when UVerse came to town.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I can't stand them. We just canceled our service and they hung up on us TWICE bc they didn't want to close our account. On the third try, we finally got someone decent to just cancel it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Last year I had issues with them because I had "rented" one of their modems for $5.00 a month. Well, I bought my own and returned it, with their prepaid shipping box. Four months later, I saw I was still being charged for the modem. So I called them. They said they never received it back and to check with Fedex on the tracking number.... Um, idiot, you have the tracking number, you prepaid for the shipping. It took them two months to track down the modem. Meanwhile, I'm being charged and was told if they didn't find it, I would have to purchase the modem. They were supposed to refund those 6 months of charges, but they didn't and frankly I was sick of fighting with them, so I let it go.

I will be so glad to be done with them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Oh great... I am very excited to see what Monday brings, Loving Mommy. The rep today asked me why I wanted to cancel and I said, I don't have to have a reason. Last I checked it was my account and I don't have a contract with you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2011