Little knot in armpit

So today I did my breast exam and i was feeling around and felt a small knot in my armpit. I heard you can get them from deodorant usage. Do you know if thats true?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Health

• I haven't heard that. I do know that you can get nerve knots, though. Does it hurt?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yeah, I used to get knots from 'Secret' deodorant some years ago. Also if you use deodorant straight after shaving it can cause bumps.
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 9:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• No it doesn't hurt and it's not on the surface. I was just feeling around and i felt this knot. Its feels small
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I don't mean to alarm you but I would definitely advise you go get checked to rule out any major issues. You have lymph nodes under your armpit and if those are enlarged it could be a sign of an infection. In addition, your breast tissue extends up into that area so I would be extremely cautious with any knots or lumps. I'm actually having pain under my right armpit and it seems a little swollen so I'm going to get it checked on Mon.
    Mommyx2BG

Answer by Mommyx2BG at 9:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Call your doctor. Ask to speak to the nurses. They will probably send you to the receptionist to make an appointment. The nurse that you talk to will make a notation in your file or talk to the doctor.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would get to the doctor as soon as you can, to be honest. It could be nothing, but it could also be something. A lump under the armpit is not something that you want to ignore. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• And I want to add...the fact that it's not on the surface makes me think it has nothing to do with the deodorant.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i had a knot in my left armpit about a week ago. it was a little bit tender if i messed with it alot. now it is gone....i have no idea what it was. i was thinking maybe a lymph node, but now it's gone.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It is possible to be from deoderant, however, it is still important to get it checked out by your physician.
    sunshine615

Answer by sunshine615 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Thanks ladies!! I am def. Going to schedule an appt on monday!
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2011